Saturday, January 05, 2008

blu-ray and hd-dvd

It's been about a month since my last post. I have a bunch of blu-ray discs now and I love them! However, there is still that annoying fact that Heroes and all of the Paramount releases (Star Trek, etc) are on HD-DVD. Even though Blu-ray is better and will eventually likely win ther format war, I really want that stuff in hi-def.

Yesterday I found a Toshiba HD-DVD HD-A3 for $95 online. I grabbed it! Of course an hour later the news comes out that Warner is going Blu-Ray only and that about does it for HD-DVD. That's just my luck. Ever feel that if it were not for bad luck you would have no luck at all?

Well, my luck took an about-face this morning when I received an email from amazon saying that the HD-A3 was priced low in error and as a result they are cancelling my order. I may have been the first person ever to be glad to receive that email!

Not much else happening. I did feel that was worth mentioning here though.

No comments: